13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 40

The outlaw watched the sun descend beneath
the hills. It took patience and persistence to achieve
the goals. The process was loved, which led to eventual
success. There was a certain sadness at the end of
the journey. It had been a long and painful time
interspersed with insight. The darkness had abated
and I wished it would never return. The fear and
chaos seemed unreal. As if they could not possibly
exist. The work required was not over, but was
being seen for what it was; work, and nothing more.
I only needed what was needed of me. The
last ruins of my former life were drifting away.
It was time for a new dawn. To walk the
streets freely in the early morning haze. To feel
free again. To be natural and at one with my
state. To live without fear. The savagery of the
world held at bay for the illusion that it is.
The panther of time tightening its jaws on my
life, but losing its grip on my soul. The aftermath
of destiny.
I wanted to be with you and watch the
sun as it rose over a new road. In a sense
we are there. Standing shoulder to shoulder
witnessing all the colors of the spectrum on the
horizon. The breeze flowing freely against our
faces. All I want is to continue the journey
with you. I have nothing left to weigh me
down. The phantoms of the past are receding
into the shadows. I know you will always
be with me because we are part of each
other. There is no end to a world with
no beginning.