31 May 2009

Carpe Diem

To catch the rays of the sun
Basking in the glory of light
The flowers of beauty are in bloom
Nature at its peak
Riding the high wave of the cycle
I want to keep it all there
Forever at the zenith
Make a fortress of this perch
As the world keeps turning
I feel your heart beating
Deep inside of you
Is a spark of immortality
Impervious to any wound
When you took me in your arms
It felt as if you would crush my bones
We stood there conjoined
I wish you could escape the frail twilight
Ignore and postpone the dusk
Steal whatever still shines from the stars
You kissed me so hard I thought you would kill me
We cannot fight time
Or what it does to how we feel about each other
When the darkness falls I hear you breathing
At dawn your beauty returns
Like a silent film star
Preserved for eternity
A bird taking flight
Against a clear blue sky
Carpe diem