14 July 2011

Cutting Poem

When the stares turn to shock and rage
All they see are the scars I bear
How could you do this
The story starts with the knife I used
Dragged it across my arm until it felt good
Blood hits the air as the brightest red
This is my pain
Now I am in control
Wipe the blade clean
And wash all the scarlet stains away
Sometimes I cut along my upper thighs
Beyond detection
Cannot talk about the feelings
That are ready to destroy me
No use to cry or get angry
Drag the sharp edge across my leg
Oh God it feels good
Pressing so deep to find what I need
Emotions inside me are going to explode
Until I am dripping my blood
Far away from this life is where I want to go
When my heart is in a golden cage
Everything is spinning out of control
Need to take a hold
With all that I have left inside
Forget the shame
Do not ask me why I do this
Let the rivers of blood subside
As I put away my knife