13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 39

Should I keep the momentum going? Take
it as it's rolling? I want to see you flowing.
The rules were self-imposed by my mind. They did
not really exist. I was always free. Free to enjoy
what was. Without a care in the world. I made
my own messes which I had to extricate myself
from as well as I could. Half of the time I did
understand how useless and wasteful it was to lend
an ear to the judgments of society. The other half
of the time I navigated through hell.
Keep the rhythm going. Take opinions from
polling. Down the river we are rowing. I saw
the blackness and I saw the sun. Who could
say I did not live? If I did not understand
the mystery of each moment then, I understand
it now. Damn perfection. Perfection is an illusion
like water in the desert. And like water in the
desert, perfection is ephemeral and fades away. Reality
is not perfect, but the collision of our energies.
Sometimes it is difficult to continue.
I saw you looking at me in a dream and
it reminded me of our past and the future we
were moving towards. It reminded me of how
our paths continued to intersect over time. Your
piercing beauty struck and astonished me. I did
not feel alone. There was no need to seek you,
because you already lived in my heart. You were
guiding me with purpose. At the time I did
not know in which direction. There was a calm
steady passion in your gaze. There was deep
love and recognition in your eyes. Existence has
gone full circle in your visage.