26 April 2005

Rimbaud Is One Hundred Fifty

Rimbaud is one hundred fifty
And spent his Season in Hell with Verlaine
I spent mine with you
Did we learn enough from each other
Or is it time for another round
Trade absinthe for vodka
And I am ready
The scarlet sunset of my mind
Is a lie
I am facing a new dawn
The earth bows at your boots
Allowing you to walk
The way Christ walked on water
You are beauty incarnate
Art is your slave
How did beauty permeate your soul
Why does your heart shine as brightly as your face
I have moved from the darkness to the fire
There is a time to pay homage to a goddess
Without shame
There is balance in your gaze
I trust you
Your judgement is sincere
I am exploring the pathways to your heart
And I want to learn
The word love is overused
Give me heartbeat
Give me life
I will give you all I have in my soul