11 May 2005

More Pain Than Most Would Want To Know

If beauty could be understood
Its mysteries would cease to fascinate
There is a time and place for communion
I thought I was a ship lost at sea
The physical world started to elude me
I started delving into your spirit
Where I found lush gardens
Of love and virtue
The vision almost eclipsed your physical beauty
Your heart is as sublime as your smile
I did not think you cared about me any longer
Not seeing the forest for the trees
I could not see your feelings for my selfishness
It seems ridiculous now
When the blind can see
It seems simple
Open your eyes and behold
Joyous wonders
The softness of body and soul
Forever entwined
I thought the ties that bind were slashed
They have bound us all along
I am home
And always have been
I will journey into the inner mind
To find peace
But the journey will encompass pain
More pain than most would want to know
In this world