30 June 2009

I Do Not Know Why I Do This

Smiling like the sun
On a beautiful summer day
Regal in your grace
Silhouetted against the sky
Fragile under a tough exterior
Arisen from the sea
Once the pincers lock into place
You are hers forever
To be nurtured and adored
Within her shell
I do not know why I do this
It feels as if I have been hit
Surrounded by your love
There is no escape
I want to protect you
As you defend me against the world
Dying to be in your presence
The only place I find peace
You envelop me in a gentle fortress
When you feel hurt
The pain in your eyes is a whirlpool
I sail the storm to help you
Almost overwhelmed by your despair
The sun eventually breaks through the clouds
And beams through your entire body
Summer is here
The faint aroma of spring remains
As I look forward to seeing you everyday
By the shore