31 August 2012

Symbol Of Salvation

I knew what Poe meant by the Raven
When I saw you against a blue sky
A madman caressing your body
And you gave in with the abandon of sensation
Exposing the futility of love in the sun

Love is better reserved for midnight
When all the tragic dreams can unfold
All of the things we said to each other
As I spooned you against a fence
Resurrecting in our souls

I kissed you in the car
As if we depended on each other to breathe
I gently put my hands on your breasts
And we clung to each other for life
Nuzzling each other like wild animals
Smelling the scent of each other like cats

The memories do not die
Not in the garish sunlight
Nor in the blackness of night

Our love borders on insanity
As we damn common sense to hell
We do not care who is watching
Even if it is the whole of humanity

You embrace me even as they watch
Almost taunting their voyeurism
Are we the mad ones
Locked in the arms of each other
Or a symbol of salvation
For a jaded world