30 October 2013

When I Say I Love You, Call Me A Liar

When I say I love you
call me a liar.
Reach into your heart
and find all the frustration.
Throw your angst at me
only at me and no one else.
The look in your eyes
of a cornered creature
haunts me still
and keeps me guessing my twisted fate.
I have let it loose
let it bleed out of me.
Time is a tricky fucker.
The years take it all away
and give back all of
what?
Anticlimactic victory?
Or the empty void we all know?
Our souls are not at peace.
We are alive and have a chance.
My friend died the other day.
Ironically that inspires me to go on.
What makes you get up in the morning?
Maybe for some it is a force of habit.
Habit is a tricky fucker.
Virtue or vice?
How do I know which is which?
I do not really care what is the final judgment.
Call me a liar.