09 July 2017

And Her Wicked Smile Broke Through My Heart

Once upon a time in Hollywood
I met a golden hair beauty
Energy exploded off of her like an A-Bomb
A flurry of reckless abandon
Set to a rock and roll soundtrack
Punk rock was her middle name
I lost myself in her hazel green eyes
And her wicked smile broke through my heart
Life became an adventure with her
As if when I met her I was born again
My old life simply prelude to a new reality
There was pain in her soul
Pain that escaped from her being
Violent exodus of emotion
Extremely prescient of what was to come
But I still remember the early days with her
When legend was not set in stone
The energy of youth unrestrained
Holding her hand at the bar
Now those times seem distant
Clouded by earthly concerns
Eclipsed by a raging mad planet
Lost in the night
Yet time and space are illusion
Galaxies a mirage
Evil a shadow
Love the only truth
Love to be embraced
All that we ever had