13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 36

The timing was the thing. The only thing
that saved me in the physical world besides love.
Just when I would think myself lost, the leaf
would be turned. And I could see. This of course
happened many times. Each time I was as stunned
as the last. But who was turning the leaves?
What sacred rush in my blood could reveal this
to me? The answer was lurking beyond death. And
beyond life. To understand it would be to cease all
rational understanding. To understand it would be
to experience existence beyond the human realm.
And within our hearts.
Monotony was appearing to me to be an illusion.
No repeated act was truly repeated. There was
always a variance of difference. All actions were
individually color coded in the spectrum of life and
displayed through a universal prism. Life is not a
repetitive chore. Every action, every moment, is living
proof of the miracle of existence. I understood
this at last as my own life and the lives of
others raced by at an alarming speed. The key
is to understand that each moment is precious
and individual and significant.
I realized there was a sun when you opened
your eyes and began your day. It was enough to
get me to arise and stagger out of bed. And
once awake I began all that there is to start
another day of my life and my purpose. We all
have a purpose in this life and we have to
face it every day. Most forcibly at the beginning
of each day. Do not let another day pass
without starting to move towards your purpose.