17 May 2005

Pride

The bond is still there
Maybe you know best
Calling the shots
Or is it me
Deciding how we play this game
Will insanity result from this logic
It takes two to tango
This dance is killing us
Liberating us
He gave me music
He gave me you
I am thankful
At the beginning we said it was a long process
You are at the nexus
I would want it no other way
Let us search for a path of unity
I think you know the way
Show me our direction
Trample our fiery doubts into oblivion
At times the pain is but a shadow
Compared to the joy you have given me
You rose from depression like a phoenix
Shattering the walls of hopelessness
The colors are brighter in the sunlight of your smile
Your wheels are burning through my soul
Help me find the answer to my destiny
I have a feeling you might know
What art and love have forged together
Is smoldering in your pride