12 July 2009

Untamed In A Forgotten Scene

Some kind of clean vision
Transfixed in the light
Aware of her dreams
Untamed in a forgotten scene
Do you remember back when
You and I first met
The way the city felt
As we slipped it in
The night cascading
It was all I ever wanted to be
At one with your soul
Burning down an isolated road
Your eyes are no mystery today
I feel the remnants of your pain
The strength in your heart
Holding my hand from across the room
The things we wish could be said
How long can we keep them inside
Make excuses forever
Wait for the sky to conquer the rain
And pretend we do not care
I see the look on your face
In control of your world
Taking hold of my spirit
With no plan written on the wall
Have the flames laid waste to everything
We used to know
How to live without telling
Down here with the smoke