26 April 2015

Last Stop Before Oblivion

Watch it in the darkness
I do not want them to see my face
You are there in the light
Full of life
Everything on the line
The world would be empty without you
Like a lonely walk through the rain
Roses in the dark
The last stop before oblivion
Secret love
Bigger than the empty streets
You deserve much more than this
The world in the palm of your hand
I wanted to give you more
But the world is engulfed by night
And I only see the sun in you
I do not want to think about it
Escape down the river
The chemicals in my blood
The blood locking me in my body
Unable to leave this life
Stuck on this rock with you
It is what I chose
The chains that I wear
Almost forgetting freedom
But never alone
Never far from your gaze
Remembering your touch
Burned by your love