30 September 2015

Love Among The Infernal Chaos

Darkness in her gaze
Slipping away in a nocturnal dream
Beyond my touch
A phantasm of my heart
I know her name
She must be real
Somewhere, somehow
The vision is lost in the night
The pain is cascading down like rain
The ancient city remains silent, stoic
Valkyries are descending
To claim the dead heroes
And I am left here to tend to the ruins
My mission is a strange habit
My soul has gone to sleep
Deep in a comatose slumber
Why is there no peace?
Is this exactly what we deserve?
But there is love
Love among the infernal chaos
The last shred of hope on a war torn planet
A world of barbarism and sadism
The smell of fresh death
The pit of fire meant to cleanse us from sin
The odor of sulfur permeates the air
Let this earth be our purgatory, our hell
As we dream of better worlds
You and I standing on the shoreline
Feeling the freedom of the wind