13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 35

I saw the world in a new way. Removed
from the tunnel vision concerns of the self. The
mere fact of existence was stunning. The values of
the world were standing on their heads. The race
towards death seemed less futile. I was in the
now. Take my hand and lead me to the next
precipice. I am ready to dive into the eternal
sea with the sun on my back. Take me there.
In this life I see and I learn. The brutality
leads to wisdom.
Is this what I am going to take with
me? The shadows and illusions of a dark world?
The striving and the struggling for ego? I
am flawed as I stumble upon the path. And
that is the point. You are me. And I am you.
Can I find the nexus? Can I draw you near
to me? Can I see the point in your scheme
that is the connection? I feel crushed upon
in the aftermath. Your flesh on the ground.
The tears in your eyes an expression of the
new emotions. The blood in your veins the symbol
of the new humanity. I felt your breath. I
know you are alive. The taste of your mouth
becoming the echoes of a new reality. And you
reached for me with your hands. As one human
being seeks out another. Because that is our
nature. Just as a lioness hunts her prey. I
wanted to share your company. As the sun sets
darkening the city. Because that is better than
scavenging the streets alone. Your embrace almost
shattered my bones. Your stare forever in my
refracted mind.