23 May 2005

A Pack Of Wild Dogs

Surrounded by possessions
Reminding me of the transient nature of life
Can I really let go
Let the ripples of impact slowly subside
I have no choice
Death breathing down my neck
From a distance
Life surrounds me
Pulsating and soft
Angular and smooth
The ecstasy of dawn
Form rivaling perfection
I can not believe my eyes
How sad that the day must end
Does the beauty of sunset rival the beauty of youth
Can I reconcile the two
Or am I forever trapped in the middle
I struggle for an answer
Perhaps I will know when I stop struggling
And take life for what it is
A mystery that helps us learn
Sensation traps me too
I want more
Or maybe that is the problem
It might be better if a pack of wild dogs
Rip these thoughts to pieces
The blood is almost menstrual
Women pushing me towards the ledge
That I need to leap from without reason