25 August 2011

The Sheets Are Red With Blood

Eyes that read my soul
When I feel that I am drifting
Memories of long ago
When I would stand and listen
Time changes a lot of things
But not everything changes

I need to understand
All that has happened
It all went by so fast
That I felt like I was drowning
I pulled myself out of the depths
Where I was lost and gasped for air

I feel connected to you
Like there is no end
To everything we feel
About the past
And all the pain we carry inside
Is easier to bear

All the things I need are here
But you are the exception
The days go by, the sunset bleeds
The nights are stained and lonely
I talked myself into believing
We were for the ages

I will have my love for you
Until I die
With nothing left to prove
The sheets are red with blood
From all the times we did not care
What time it was