13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 33

Blonde or black, I was confused by the
choice. I saw the golden circle and knew the
meaning. Why do you raise me above the floor? I
journeyed long and hard for this moment only to
be made to wait with a friend from previous
journeys. And we are on a new journey together.
I felt it in my veins when I looked into your
eyes. Have the savage years ravaged us both?
Or is the ephemeral nature of time a mere
illusion and do we maintain our grace? I saw
the meaning of it all spelled out before me
as never before. I have seen life dormant
and I have seen life fly. Spreading its wings
and venturing past a new horizon.
What could tame the wild abandon of this
love? It has gone beyond the point of logic.
I crave more, like an addict on the skids.
The power and the beauty overwhelm me as
never before. And the impulse is undeniable. I
am a stranger lost in a maze of emotions that
I barely understand. But I want you with
me. I can barely stand us being apart. I
can barely stand any of us being apart.
I see that we are all forever conjoined.
And when your eyes stare beyond the people
I know I understand. I heard the universe
in your laughter. I felt humanity in your tears.
We remembered what it was to be alive in
your presence. I can never forget. It will
be carried with me to the grave. Even as I
die, others will continue until they realize
the inherent beauty.