13 June 2005

Bloody Drag Marks Into The Past

The annihilation of style
To destroy all rules and restrictions
Is to free the spirit
Then one has to honestly confront
Life
No task is more difficult
Perhaps we should swear on the dictionary
Not the Bible
If our words are to have any sacred meaning
Shed all literary pretension
As a stripper discards her clothes
I find it hard to breathe when you breathe
I am suffocating half the time
Making my own way
Perhaps it is my own fault
But there was only so much I could take
Bloody drag marks into the past
Remembrance of our bodies entwined
Bright red against my hands
I can not remember paradise
It retreats into the shadows
Let us drink red wine in the open air
Love will stumble and fall
As we search the darkness
Your smile is the light
Your eyes are my heart
You are the muse that motivates my soul
I give thanks for your blessings
And carry on