13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 20

The faded dream of yesteryear came rushing
back with a vengeance. Staring me in the face.
Begging for communion. I had to explain that
I had moved on. That I didn't know what
to do now. Confronted with such a vivid and
striking dream. But the vision inflamed a soft
faded memory. And it was bittersweet to feel
it again. I wanted to reach out and embrace
it with all of the strength in my body.
There were times I saw the angel
transcendent from abuse. The abuse that came
from within I could clearly see, but the abuse
that came from without I was barely starting
to comprehend. You looked into my eyes and
I saw the heights of ecstasy and the depths
of despair. You held my gaze and I saw
truth. Could love and beauty be very far
behind? I could never doubt for long.
From the passage of time eternal I saw
you. From the cradle of screaming madness
I felt you. After crossing your path in the
darkness I realized I always knew. The
dervishes of dance lay prostrate on the floor.
You stand at the front wondering if you
should give them more. The crumbling social
structure called you a whore.
I gave up everything I ever dreamed of
just to have a glimpse of the darkest jewel.
Because the light reflected from your visage
made me see. And the thoughts that came
through the air shattered all of the fallen
doubts.