07 July 2005

The Lost Moments

I can not remember
The exact nature of the past
In retrospect vision is blurry
History is lost
Sequences of events are blocked out
Any given night can be blacker than black
As it is blacked out
Only a few rays of light
Penetrate the void
Offering little comfort
And no solace
The time is missing only to memory
Because I was there
I lived the lost legacy
The wheels of experience were rolling
But someone forgot to take notes
Reality has slipped into another dimension
The real is still real
Only somewhere else
Curiosity drives me to attempt to recollect
Certain moments are recalled
But the process is very slow
And only so much can be remembered
Memory seems of little importance
Except that if we forget our mistakes
We are doomed to repeat them
Sometimes I feel doomed
To repeat a past
That has me by the throat