13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 31

I was at peace with it. There was a part
of myself that only lived for a part of you. Before
you came along that part of me was dead. I
was in mourning until I met you. And in
mourning I will be when we part. When one of
us leaves this earth it will be a new mourning
for the other. There is a passion between part
of me and part of you. Perhaps it is a past
life that can not be tamed. Perhaps it is a
distant memory. I think like minded ones have
a means of finding each other. And I looked
for you. I looked for you longer than you
looked for me. For me it seems that the
search is always longer than for those I find.
But that makes the finding that much sweeter.
The literal blood of your passion moved me.
I felt swept away even as others were
shocked. I was spellbound. I steadily greeted
the blood of the artist. I would take anything
from you. As long as you let me add my part.
Like a wolf howling in the night. Like a
gangster whispering threats. The twins of
the dark before the dawn. I remember those
days. They were bittersweet. If I think about
that time hard enough I can feel the rush
to my brain. It did not border on love. It
was love. In everyone's face. But rip away the
shards of nostalgia. Do not live in the past.
Because I was looking at the clouds today.
And I realized the miracle of existence.
Grabbing me by the throat with all of its
reckless beauty.