13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 9

Following a certain path out of the woods
and into a starry dream that held us at
ransom. Make believe eyes that thwarted
all expression of the inner soul releasing
demons that held us at bay. Take my hand
and follow me down the winding path that
leads to an uncertain end. Is it here that
I find the eclipse of my soul?
The hunger in our souls leads to a new
kind of decadence. A thirst that can not
be quenched by ordinary means. As we
sacrifice future generations to the physical
world. I took a long look into your eyes.
One that has lasted years. The touch of
your hand that stayed with me.
Perhaps we could take a hold of one
another and soldier our way onward into
the blackest night. Do we possess what
is needed? Could this be evidence of
something in our hearts that lives on
despite a doubting world?
Put your body against mine and show
me the meaning of life. In a darkened
room give me a reason to believe. Take
all that I have left to give. Promise me
that you won't stop pushing onward. Show
the world what is possible. What can still
be done in a new direction. And the flowers
of our experience will take root and bloom.
As we turn to face the brilliant sun of
our tomorrows. Let me feel your presence
near.