13 March 2005

The Heart Of The Beast----Page 14

"It is for love that the whole universe sprang into existence,
and it is for the sake of love that it is kept going."
----Meher Baba

It was a time of possibility. Of taking
the present into one's hands and carving out
a future. Moving on is not always the answer.
Sometimes one must stay put and go inward.
On occasion one must plant roots in order to
ensure growth. After the harvest the roots may
be torn from the earth. I had an idea in my
head. An idea that had been inverted and twisted
over time since my younger days. To create was
the original idea. Spawned from an early love
affair. To create without regard for the
consequences was the inverted and twisted notion
I found myself armed with at the time. As
long as the territory was virgin.
There were other possibilities. That now
I will never know. That lack of knowledge is
probably for the best. Because with a path of
life come comrades. And with comrades comes
love. And love is not for weaklings. And even if
the whole universe sprang into existence for love,
how much love can the heart endure?
The choices have been made and the tracks
have been laid. I can live with the results. I
can see by the first rays of dawn. I can
treasure what was found and do without what
was lost. I found a beautiful and reckless
muse sitting on the rocks of the beach of
my soul. And she taught me how to live in
the void of what I had lost. By showing
me that everything is nothing. And nothing
is everything. And evolution is the only
true revolution.